PDA

View Full Version : new update to Farmbie Lane

BionicCow
05-09-2011, 06:01 PM
so the new update is all about farming.... no new zombies...

we get hats and clothing and hand grenades... but no new missions...

I mean nice update, but not at all what I was thinking...

most of the older players have left or are bored silly... here's a radical idea that just might work.. how about something more for us to do that actually involves ZOMBIES???

Patsy
05-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't look in here too often but laughed when I saw the references to Farmbie Lane

I couldn't agree more.

If I'd wanted to continue 'Farming' I would've stayed with Farmville but it went into all the daft stuff and got boring.

There's too much farming in Zombie Lane. I doubt anyone who wants to blatter Zombies really cares a hoot about farming.

Wrong route to follow IMO.....

GravityGrip
05-09-2011, 06:32 PM
I have to agree 3rd-ly.
One thing I want to say is with the Hope Quests you need A LOT of money in the end and it was a way for the team to make it easier to gain that amount of money, but I do feel like there needs to be more of an emphasis on "looks, there's an apocalypse: Time to Slaughter like a maniac!!" :)

Patsy
05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Then maybe there should be a new Zombie which earns you more coins when you kill it.

Or different levels of coin for different methods of killing, eg using different crafted weapons.

Not more nambie planting...

Next you'll have to keep chickens and cows.... collect eggs and milk and sell them to other survivors...

At the slightest hint of that route and I'll definitely close my game

GravityGrip
05-09-2011, 06:53 PM
But.. We had so much planned!
We was also going to release a new game called Zombie Lane English Countryside and have loads of English styled Zombies like a Queen Zombie, and a Waiter Zombie and Snobbish Zombie!! :( ... :D

Snipah
05-09-2011, 07:24 PM
We was also going to release a new game called Zombie Lane English Countryside and have loads of English styled Zombies like a Queen Zombie, and a Waiter Zombie and Snobbish Zombie!! :( ... :D

Guess what face the new English Countryside zombies would have..
http://i55.tinypic.com/259h5sm.jpg

dklala
05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
i allso agree... i have 3 farm guests laying now.. that i simply dont wont to use energy on atm.. i just want to kill some Zombies.. thats why i joiend "Zombie Lane"..

lvl15 atm....

Skcarkden
05-09-2011, 11:34 PM
So why not just kill zombies and not farm if you don't want to?

I mean i can see where you're going, but it also can be chosen not to do by you.

Personally i think the notion of a zombie apocalypse where you try to survive purely by killing zombies and not eating is odd.

But maybe they could have different methods of making money that isn't farming, so you can make money and avoid getting the annoying food that you use to buy more energy, and kill more zombies with since killing zombies in a game where you just want to kill zombies is a ridiculous notion too

Radprofile
05-09-2011, 11:54 PM
I don't like this update, A friend invited me to play this game, I didn't want to play any more games ( I currently play 3 ), but because the game was very interesting in concept, and fun to play killing zombies I agreed to play it and help my friend sending energy and stuff.

After a couple of days I noticed that one of the best ways to earn money was farming, I was somehow confused by this, mainly because I don't like farming games, but because it was just "part" of the game and not the main objective of it, I didn't care.

But now, with the recent update, I noticed that the developers are paying more attention to the farming part of the game instead of add more types of zombies or more quests, or other ways to earn money, doing tasks or something.

It's kind of disappointing because the game is great, but still needs some other things to keep players interested on it, and I don't think that add more crops and encourage players to turn their houses into farms could be a good idea.

Many people already play some famous farming games, and when they try a new game they expect to not do the same stuff they do in those farming games. They search for something totally different, in this case kill zombies.

I expect less farming stuff and more zombies, task, missions, weapons and stuff that makes this game Zombie Lane and less Farmbie Lane.

Skcarkden
05-10-2011, 12:03 AM
While it is true that this one update is a little farm based, i don't think it's fair to say the developers are turning to making farming the main thing based on just one update. Maybe they just felt they needed to give it an emergency boost or it'll have some plan soon for another update more heavily based on zombies?

key0
05-10-2011, 02:45 AM
I have to agree 3rd-ly.
One thing I want to say is with the Hope Quests you need A LOT of money in the end and it was a way for the team to make it easier to gain that amount of money, but I do feel like there needs to be more of an emphasis on "looks, there's an apocalypse: Time to Slaughter like a maniac!!" :)

I agree, but first of all am i correct in saying that the crops that were added will only help those who have a small amount of energy to spend daily, for example (and forgive me if i am wrong) if the farm was only big enough to hold 10 crops, meaning you could only plant ten crops a day, then for someone who only receives 10 energy every three days it would be wiser to plant cabbage, however if you are someone who gets ten energy per day the pumpkins are still the best choice for you could harvest 30 pumpkins in three days and only 10 cabbage... note i am only putting a limit on how many you can plant, for our lane only holds so many crops, and i have found that if you are someone who gains a great amount of energy it is still wiser to plant the pumpkins.
Secondly i agree, that instead of adding crops why not a new zombie that gave us more coins, i am not saying i am greatly disappointed with the crops, if anything it only means the possibility of more missions in the future, but then again a new zombie could of done that.. i can just see it now zombie lane adds crops, farmville adds zombies :D
Finally, if the whole purpose of adding these crops was to make it easier in the hope mission then why not simply reduce the amount of money you had to collect.

Snipah
05-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Cabbage are the best profit now, no matter in what way you look at it, you can plant 24 Cabbages every 2 hours and plant Beans and Pumpkins every 2 hours, so that you don't lose time until Cabbages are ready, once you reach the Cabbages you can harvest 24 Cabbages every 2 hours, meaning best profit possible.

Ammar Haidhar
05-10-2011, 09:49 AM
If you don't like farming then don't. I've been playing this game for 34 days, I only plant for missions and achievement. I never wasted any energy on crops. I rather waste the energy on building unnecessary buildings instead.

Rafa El
05-10-2011, 10:02 AM
the size of the field is humungous though
288*3=864
not counting in the extra energy from the food just for the 288 cabbages daily
288+177+108+66+40+24+14+8+4+2+1=732 (30 days for full benefit) *3=2196
1/3 of the yard (80*80=6400)
max profit daily (after 30 days <_< >_> -_-) 732 * 550 = 402 600

it's inhuman though, but it's cabbage lane all right

Skcarkden
05-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Cabbage are the best profit now, no matter in what way you look at it, you can plant 24 Cabbages every 2 hours and plant Beans and Pumpkins every 2 hours, so that you don't lose time until Cabbages are ready, once you reach the Cabbages you can harvest 24 Cabbages every 2 hours, meaning best profit possible.

Plus you can also treat it same as pimpkins, in a way, for the first three days, do this:

Day one, plant the same number of cabbages as you would for pumpkin and play as normal.

Day two, Plant a second lot cabbage as if it were the normal for pumpkin.

Day three, once again, plant cabbages as the above routine.

Day four, harvest the first lot of cabbage and then replant in that spot, and then each following day harvest the current batch and replant and you basically have the same routine as the pumpkins but more profit.

It will just look like it's more time consuming since you still gotta wait 3 days for each but it just takes patience for the first 3 days to start it up, but will quickly catch up

Snipah
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Planting all 3 most profit crops every 2 hours will be the best profit(24 each). You gain 24 Energy per 2 hours meaning you won't actually have to use any energy other than the time gained energy.

reddragon
05-10-2011, 04:55 PM

how about a trailer trash zombie that just sits about getting drunk