PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it to switch to a better paid job?

coppero
03-25-2012, 09:31 AM
The answer might seem obvious, but the better jobs are located in the other district. Now it costs a lot of Energy to travel there. So you can work less frequently. Is it worth it?

Perhaps it's worth it at some point, when you have a good vehicle and more Energy after traini9ng in the gym. So when?

Also, another question, how can I change clothes? I bought different ones and it seems my character wears the one, which was bought last.

Pinky08
03-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I feel it's worth it to use the energy for a better job. To change clothes click the little closet looking thing on the left side of the screen when you are in your bedroom.

TheMega
03-26-2012, 05:31 AM
I'm at Harvey Bikeson making $48 an hour now... it is a lot closer than the LONG round-a-bout trip the character makes to the diner I was working at a few days before. The diner job does take a lot more time from you because of the way the character goes all the way around town to get to it, instead of going straight down the street to it.
The biker job is a lot closer, and can fit in 9 hours on last 'day' before a leisure day (I always just go until starving and run out of time.. the recoup the next day with just a $2 OJ and multiple relaxation in the chair until build my Happiness to full again before the next work day).
Having more money is really nice when a mission pops up that wants you to blow a huge chunk of it... plus you can pay up rent well in advance. I currently have somewhere in the neighborhood of $35,000 and rent paid up to around 34 days.
So, IMO, it is worth it!!!

leslymill
03-26-2012, 08:14 AM
I don't know if it is a bug,:confused: but I make $50.00 an hour and never lose happiness at work:D. Only at school.:( I live on toast during working days.:rolleyes: I have everything I want.:)..except friends.:cool:.I spend the last two days of five investing in classes. Good times don't last forever.:eek:

coppero
03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
I agree, the biker job seems good. It's not a bug, at least I don't think it is. When it doesn't say "the job is a bit stressful" it means you don't loose Happiness when working. And the biker place is quite close.

In other words, with other jobs than biker, it's not worth the extra $2 or $4 bucks per a single work click, when you can work 1 or 2 more times and earn $100 more.

Dmitry911
03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
In my opinion yes it is worth it, I have the biker place as work with mastery level making $50 and having a long day due to the gym maxed out I make about 1k-1.2k don't remember

Makkukun
03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
It depends on you though , but imo , i prefer the better paid job , so in new update , maybe u can have another better paid job require u to master that job :P

Dmitry911
03-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Just master all available jobs and then pick one you like ;)