I have created this post for you to use the forum easier. I will be making more sections about the forum use later on when I have a bit more time.
In this post you will learn how to use the Search option
and how to find your previous posts
Feel free to PM me feedback about the guide.
It is strongly advised to search for the topic you are wanting to post about. By searching for the topic you will decrease the time you wait for an answer. The search option can be found in the upper right side of every page and every forum.
There are two ways of searching:
Quick and simple search:
- The quick and simple search.
- The advanced search.
This search type, as it name implies is a simple way of searching.
You type in what you want and pick one of these two, either show results as threads or as posts.
After clicking on the "Tag Search" link you will be taken here:
The area filled with blue("Tag Cloud") will be filled with the 70 most used tags. You can click on 1 of them if it is what you are looking for and it will give you all the threads having that tag.
In the marked with red area you will type what tag you are looking for, if it isn't in the "Tag Cloud" and click search.
The advanced search:
After you click on the "Advanced Search" link you will see this:
Note that the "Advanced search" contains both "Quick and simple search"[The top part] and "Tag search"[The bottom part]
I will explain all of that but in parts.
Starting from top:
- This option is pretty much the same as the simple search. Write what you are searching for. Use key words only, to prevent getting non related results.
You also have an option to search entire posts or titles only.
- This option is to be used when you are looking for posts made by someone. Just write their name. In the options below you can pick whether you want to find posts or threads created by this user. Right from the options you can see an "Exact name" option that you can turn on or off, if you don't know the exact name of the user, it is better to turn it off.
After either of these two you can click on the "Search now" button and get to your results.
Everything below is optional in the advanced search to minimize the results.
Find your posts:
- You can decrease the amount of results you get by changing this option and this way find more specific results that fit you, either with more posts or with less posts.
- You can decrease the amount of results you get by changing this option and this way find more updated results or older results, depending what you are looking for.
- You can change it in order to determine what criteria you are searching for and in which order you want the results to be.
- You can change it to get results as threads or as posts.
- You can type in what tags you want your results to have.
- Here you can pick which Parent forums and Child forums(Forums and sub-forums) you want your results to be from.
To find your previous posts you don't need to use the "Advanced Search" option, there is much easier ways.
There are 3 ways to find all your previous posts:
- When you click on your name in any place you posted you will see this:
Simply click on it and you will see all your previous posts.
- You can also click on your name in the top right corner:
In your user profile simply click on the "Statistics" tab and click on one of these:
- Another way to do so is by going to your "User CP" (User Control Panel) which is located in the upper left side of every page.
Once you click on that you will be redirected to the User CP page. Once there click on this:
After this you will see the same thing you can see in option number 2.