En genis arsive sahip ve Turkiye'nin en guzel porno izleme sitesi. watch child porn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: war help

  1. #1
    New Cocoa Seed
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aulander, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4

    Default war help

    hi i would like some info we are at war with a guy and was just wondering how he found all my other planets and hit them all with his main planet ....i know if you go to the system you can find those ones but how do you find the other ones that are on different galaxys

  2. #2

    Default

    Two questions first. 1) Do other people in your alliance have their main planet in systems you've colonized? 2) How far apart are your colonies.

    If the answer to #1 is yes, that's your answer. He went to their planet, then zoomed out to system view and found you. If #1 is no, and #2 is not that far (like 3 or less screens away from your main planet) he just looked for them and found them.

    When I'm in a war and just waiting for people to repair I'll kill time by spiraling out from someone's main planet to look for colonies.

    That only leaves us with: if #1 is no and #2 is really far apart, then I have no idea but I'd like to know his secret.

  3. #3
    New Cocoa Seed
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aulander, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4

    Default

    #1 is we have only two people in our alliance and both our main planets are on the same system but that is the only one like that all the others are spaced out all over the galaxy and not close to each other ....i thought is was kind of weird that he could do that and would love to know his secret too.....thanks for the feed back

  4. #4

    Default

    Sometimes the fun is in finding colonies that the opposing players thought they were clever enough to hide. And then obliterating them at any cost, of course

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevZed View Post
    Sometimes the fun is in finding colonies that the opposing players thought they were clever enough to hide. And then obliterating them at any cost, of course
    I agree, but I usually give up after a 3 screen search grid. Do you have a special technique, really lucky, or just a lot of time on your hands?

    In theory, you could have to search up to 13224 systems before you find a colony! The math is here: http://forums.digitalchocolate.com/s...hlight=6+hours

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperNo1 View Post
    I agree, but I usually give up after a 3 screen search grid. Do you have a special technique, really lucky, or just a lot of time on your hands?

    Sometimes all three :P. I'll do a 3 or 4 screen grid search, depending on how badly I want to find them. If I get no joy, they knew ahead of time they were going for alliance play.

    Right off the bat I'll do a "one of these things is not like the other" check. If the alliance is "Pierre's Maulers" and all of the names are French Canadian except a couple lower to mid-level players, I'll check around them. They're frequently occasional players that made the mistake of hitting one of the higher levels' colonies, then joined their alliance after getting hit back thinking they'd be protected. Within a system or two I'll frequently find one of the hidden colonies. If there are names that are across a spread of nationalities, I'll check the systems around the players with mid to high-level ranks to see if they used the target spotter.

    If a majority of players are from a particular nation or culture I'll use cultural tendencies. If the player is from a country with a pictograph-based language, I'll go left. If they're from a country or religion that has an aversion to using one hand over the other, I'll go in the direction of the offending hand. If they're clearly American, I'll check around members with foreign names - particularly those of Middle-East origin. Rednecks are predictable. "Blast the [unicorn] [epithet]!!" If they got beat by them, they'll join the winning side.

    If the player is a woman's name of Western origin and has her first colony or two with her main planet but you know for certain she has more, I'll check around the general's and/or highest ranking players' systems. Women adapt to the rules of the game quicker, whereas *most* Western men will have all of their colonies in the same place.

    These work more often than random looking - people are predictable and will follow hard-coded environmental behavior almost without fail. They're also generally not very intelligent about their methodology when they start playing a new game. Some are complete idiots... I have all of my colonies save one right there with my planet, yet they will throw themselves at my heavily defended planet and colonies. I have several ripe and delicious colonies I haven't had the time, inclination, or am too darn lazy to work on, yet human nature is what it is and they want to beat me and teach me a lesson. I just laugh and start rebuilding and throw the assets I have in my less-defended colonies at them until they lie in smoke and ruin. Unless they're using auto-refresh :P.
    Last edited by RevZed; 07-11-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Double rainbow!! What does it mean?!?

  7. #7

    Default

    If that's true, I'm impressed. If you made all that up, I'm still impressed but for different reasons. What about Canadians? My first colony went way to the right. The next one way to the left. Then down, then up, then... lets call it North-East, etc. Am I just smarter than the average bear, or is this a cultural tendency

    I know what you're saying about people being idiots. I colonized 2 systems that people in my alliance are based out of. Very few people find those colonies. One didn't even have guns on it for three weeks... I put it there so my friend could loot it for easy cash when he started.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperNo1 View Post
    If that's true, I'm impressed. If you made all that up, I'm still impressed but for different reasons. What about Canadians? My first colony went way to the right. The next one way to the left. Then down, then up, then... lets call it North-East, etc. Am I just smarter than the average bear, or is this a cultural tendency

    I know what you're saying about people being idiots. I colonized 2 systems that people in my alliance are based out of. Very few people find those colonies. One didn't even have guns on it for three weeks... I put it there so my friend could loot it for easy cash when he started.
    Mostly true, I 've always been fascinated by cultural tendencies. I did embellish a little bit, whenever I read my own words I pretend they're being spoken by Morgan Freeman so I try to sound a bit more clever. Canadians tend to make decisions based on factual evidence as opposed to being influenced by cultural or religious bias. Socialized medicine AND bacon? I rest my case.

    I have no idea who the people in my alliance are, except that the general and two highest ranked players are French Canadian. I just liked the name of their alliance (and no, it's not Pierre's Maulers). Heck, for all I know it's you.

    *shrugs* I just like to blow things up, and the dichotomy of cute cuddly Starlings and guns makes me giggle like a little girl of Western origin.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevZed View Post
    I have no idea who the people in my alliance are, except that the general and two highest ranked players are French Canadian. I just liked the name of their alliance (and no, it's not Pierre's Maulers). Heck, for all I know it's you.

    *shrugs* I just like to blow things up, and the dichotomy of cute cuddly Starlings and guns makes me giggle like a little girl of Western origin.
    lol, no it's not me. My alliance is tres petit and I know everyone in it in real life. I also like to blow stuff up. I also laugh sometimes at the starlings. It makes some of their death animations even crazier. My personal favorite is the level 3 training yard and how it gets a starling somehow impaled on one of the antennas. Talk about gratuitous, why would a starling be up there in the first place? For the record, I've been desensitized by way worse, it just makes you wonder about some of the art guys working on this game.

  10. #10

    Default

    This is a great discussion on sociology.
    Who would have thought they could get a sociology lesson on the GL forum?

    Great stuff!

    BTW... I'm American and I don't have a single colony in the same System my Planet is located.
    RevZed, does that make me an outlier in your thesis when we talk in the Statistics realm?
    :
    :
    :


    Requesting Permanent Bans of Confirmed Hackers!

    Once a hacker, always a hacker....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •